Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Château Boutillot Bordeaux


Château Boutillot Bordeaux


Growing Area: France
Vintage: 2009
Price: $9.99 USD

Upon visual inspection the wine showed a deep dark purple color.  This Bordeaux had a very nice texture in the glass with long legs running smoothly around the bowl of the glass.    The nose on the wine was of wildflowers, vanilla, cherry, and blackberries.


Initial tastes showed very heavy, meaty notes that were immediately dry.  After settling I also noted red currant, vanilla, and black cheery notes on the palate.  Finish was soft and somewhat smoky. 


I did not pair this Bordeaux with a meal however as I sipped I felt that it may pair well with a Mexican/Southwest dish.

Overall I give this wine 2 ½ corks out of 5.  Not bad but not something to write home about either.




No comments:

Post a Comment