Monday, October 3, 2011

E.Guigal Côtes du Rhône


Growing Area: France
Vintage: 2006
Price: $14.99 USD

Tonight I had a pre-dinner wine that I had not yet experienced, the E.Guigal Côtes du Rhône 2006 from France.  Upon inspection the wine had a nice velvet color in the glass.  The sniff revealed lots of fruit and colorful herbal accents on my sinuses. 


The aroma alone left my tastes buds wanting to try this lovely wine.  Upon tasting my palate was flooded with berries and earthy minerals with a somewhat toasty pinch giving way to a clean open finish. 


I ended up pairing my glass of Côte du Rhône with the following meal, which worked out well:

Spiral Cut Ham with Dijon Honey Sauce
Loaded Potato
Home Grown Seasoned Steamed Vegetables

Overall I give this wine 3.5 corks out of 5.  Nice start to the week!






No comments:

Post a Comment