Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Louis Jadet Beauolais-Villages Red Burgundy

Louis Jadet Beauolais-Villages Red Burgundy


Growing Area: France
Vintage: 2010
Price: $12.99 USD

Upon pouring this burgundy wine I noticed the beautiful red color that had a blush purple haze to it.  The smell teased my senses with juicy fruits, cotton candy, berries, and a grave meatiness.  This certainly had me looking forward to the first tastes.


The initial tastes showed dry tannins, earthy tones, and a mild vanilla.  A tart unbalanced finished left my palate dry and somewhat unsatisfied.  Kind of a disappointing experience since the color and smell were wonderful. 


I paired this wine with the following meal:

Homemade Zuppa Toscana Sausage Soup
Buttered Breadsticks  

Overall I give this wine 2 corks out of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment