Saturday, October 8, 2011

Willamette Valley Riesling

Willamette Valley Riesling


Growing Area: Willamette Valley Oregon
Vintage: 2009
Price: $12.49 USD

I had the opportunity to enjoy this wine in the late afternoon and served it slightly chilled.  Upon pouring I was shocked that the color of the wine was a very light, almost white, yellow hue.   


The aromas gave way to nice peachy, lemon, citrus, grassy notes.  Upon sampling I was rewarded a sweetness on the initial tastes with melon, peaches, and slight honey characters appearing afterward.  The finish had a semi-dry touch with an easy finesse that coated my palate.




I would suggest pairing this wine with a light raspberry sesame seed salad or some sort of chicken salad croissants.

Overall I give this wine 3 corks out of 5.  Great value for the price!


No comments:

Post a Comment